PW Program Updates
If you already have Pedigree Wizard there have been newer versions since July 2010 that you should download. You should check once every couple of months to see if you still have the most current version available.
To update to the newest version of PW:
1) Make a backup of your data (the C drive PWBACKUP.ZIP kind) just in case(complete program can be rebuild from backup if required)
2) To download new version go to http://kidplan.mla.com.au/pedigreewizard/index.htm
3) On left side of screen click on Download
4) Click on download again which is next to the words “Version 4.XX – whichever one is at the top of the page is the newest”
5) Save install to desktop .. filename = pw4-XX-MLA.exe
6) Run the install program .. ( pw4.XX-MLA.exe ) install over current version .. all defaults should be OK unless you did not install it to the standard directory to begin with.
7) Once install complete .. start PW .. will update itself..
8) If all works OK .. the downloaded install .. ( pw4-XX-MLA.exe ) should be deleted from desktop
9) If something did not work correctly and you loose your current data then you just have to do a restore to the PWBACKUP.ZIP that you just saved before starting this process.