Current Standard Procedures
At the current time (May 2, 2011) all breeds are actively able to enter data except for Kiko goats.
Assuming your breed is set up in Australia, here is the process of enrolling, data input and billing.
1) Print the enrollment form, fill it out and send it and a check to NSIP, PO Box 244, Harlan, IA 51537
2) When your check is received an invoice will be printed and sent to you by email so that you know that your check has been received. Checks are only deposited once a month so it will not clear the bank until the end of the month.
3) A notice will be sent to Australia requesting that your PW download email be sent to you. Follow the link to install PW on your computer. Even if you do not plan to do any data input soon, you still need to do the PW download because the link in the email will only remain active for roughly 2 months.
4) Enter your data. There are several resources available under the NSIP Info tab.
5) Data runs in Australia on the 15th and the end of the month. There is a calendar on the Lambplan website that give the exact cutoff. Link to the cutoff for the data runs.
6) You will receive your data back roughly 3 to 4 days after the 15th or end of the month. It will come in another email with a link to your flock. There are instructions on what to do on the website. In addition to the download you need to do the other to steps that are listed on our website. Extra to know: You may do data input between sending stuff in and receiving things back because the info back will not erase things that you have changed.
7) You will be billed for data fees ($2/head) on a quarterly basis for animals that you have a post 90-day measurement in on that were not marked CU or CO. In order to attempt to maintain the same pricing structure of year two you should never mark more than 25% of your lamb crop as culled or commercial. Roughly the billings will be on 9/25; 12/25; 3/25 & 6/25. These invoices will also come to you by email. Data fees are billed once per animal so if you paid once and then add extra info you will not be billed again on the same animal.
8) When you are billed a data fee you have 30 days to pay that fee before your name will be removed from the list that I supply to Australia of which flocks are allowed to run further data. This list is updated twice a month. When you send in your check please either send a copy of the invoice or make sure that your check says the flock name that your invoice came in. Otherwise I will have trouble with crediting the correct producer without extra work.
9) You will not be billed for the next years enrollment. You will need to send in a new enrollment form and your check the same way you did the first year.
If there are further steps, I can not think of them now and will add them later.